Saturday, April 9, 2011

Getting ready for my son's 4th birthday party!

Sorry blog world for no new posts, life sometimes get in the way of my passion to craft. I was working on two craft items for my son's birthday party. His theme this year is CARS, he loves anything to do with cars. So I decided to make shirts for the family with the license plates from the states where we were born. It was very easy. I purchased black t-shirts from my local craft store, iron transfers for dark fabric from Wally World and used  Pciture It software to make the license plates. I think they came out awesome and so does my son.

Next up was a banner I saw done at My Longest Year. So I took her idea and made it work for my son's birthday banner. I added his name for a more personalized feel. It was super easy and will make all the banners for my children's birthday parties from now own. After the party it will go into his room since his room is decorated in CARS THEME. :)

I will post more pictures and ideas from his birthday party after his party on Sunday. We are making push cars. He is so excited. I got the idea from RideMakerz, it is like Build A Bear but more edgy for boys. You build your own Car. So I purchsed 20 cars to take home to build. So this will be interesting to say the least with 20 children in my house building cars. :) It will be fun and I love making memories for my children. Well, wish me luck to see if I survive Sunday!
This is the store. You pick you your car starting at $10 going up to $36.

This is my son, who of course couldn't just make the $10 car for his birthday. He picked out a blue Monster Truck to make. And of course Daddy wanted to make it R/C'd. But all is good.

Well I am off to a very busy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment